Thursday, September 15, 2011

A true showstopper and mouth watering cupcake.

I am quickly realizing that this cupcake is unique. Not because no one person has attempted this or even sells a similar cake out there but because this cupcake truly captures the pure sour citrus, extreme lemon flavor that I find lacking in every other citrus or lemon cupcake I have consumed.

My soon-to-be mother in law asked me to bring cupcakes to a family gathering one weekend. It was hot and what better to bring then refreshing flavors packed in a little cake. I attempted and even brought my "first batch" of triple citrus cupcakes. I knew they needed work. To my surprise, my fiances family raved about the mini cake. I figure, perfect this cupcake, get the flavor profile right and maybe I will have a truly remarkable cake.

And, as many have requested, I have conquered! The extreme lemon stands out on top with notes of lime and lemon. This is a cake for those who don't want the depthness and complexity of a dark chocolate cupcake and their taste buds are calling for refreshment while satisfying a sweet tooth.

And so we have Triple Citrus Cupcake, Lemon Curd filling and Citrus Buttercream with candied lemon peel and lime wedge.

I LOVE this cupcake and I'm pretty sure you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment