Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 2. Apple Pie Cupcake, Cinnamon Cream and Crumb

Day two began and...

I have a love of Apple Pie during the fall and winter. Heck, doesn't most middle America too?! Ran across this recipe (done multiple times) for Apple Pie Cupcakes. I tweaked it a little :), What don't I tweak? a little nutmeg, Cinnamon Whip with homemade crumb sprinkle. YUMMO!!!!

Had my first official review for my Violet Velvets today. I brought four neatly packaged velvets to Madi and Abi's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Newell. I asked her to share with the others. As I arrived to greet the girls and pick up from school I was greeted with, "those cupcakes were to die for." She said she had to cut them all in fours to pass around to other teachers. Uplifted my spirits immediately! Just maybe I have a real shot at this. Love for baking, making others feel good, taste buds pop and faces are adorned with smiles. Makes my heart warm.

And here they are...
I may do a Cinnamon buttercream instead of the cinnamon whip (which I did to mimic the look of ice cream topped cake).None-the-less, these are on my roster!

1 comment:

  1. It was yummy!!! I thought the whipped frosting was perfectly light. I think a buttercream would be too heavy. I would have eaten 3 of them if I could but alas....I only had 1 :(
    ~Sierra

    ReplyDelete