Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Blog, ever!...

This moment, as I am writing in my first blog EVER (yay!), I decide to put some music on to pep the moment up and get the mood going. As I decide on Pandora radio I quickly jump back to my blog and in that moment "Smile" begins to play....
This is THE song that I sing to my girls to put them to sleep, listen to when I am down and pretty much just think the world of. Heck, I'd want to be set off in the sunset on my way to heaven to this. SO God is winking at me or some high tech genius has figured a way into my brain. I'll lean toward the higher power ;) Perfect way to start this...

Purpose of this blog...
I'm on a journey to conquer, not conquer, create, make great and make bad recipes, ideas and creations in order to learn more about me (Summer :)) and test the waters as I attempt to make others happy with warm comfort and divine pastries and desserts. What the heck, any food or recipe I think may be amazing.

Today, I made the old classic red velvet, as I have done many times before, but I cannot seem to understand why everyone stands by the Red?! And so therefore I've twisted this recipe with a litlle extra cocoa powder, changed the color to a rich violet, topped with the Almighty Whipped cream cheese frosting and dusted with chocolate powder. The result:

VIOLET VELVET Cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to sample that Violet Velvet cupcake!!! :) So cool summer. I look forward to following you on your new journey! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! My sweet tooth and I would love to help with the walk. I've never understood the red either! Looks delicious, can't wait to enjoy my first bite! Bake on Summer!

    ReplyDelete