Friday, September 16, 2011

Cake Pops, the new craze?!

Children love fun. Everything relating to that term puts a smile on a child's face. Bright colors, upbeat melody, sweet sugar, exploration. Possibilities are endless. My daughters Madison and Abigail love everything related to "sugar" and really love lollipops. They love to help mommy in the kitchen and can hardly keep their little hands away from the sprinkles. While working on a project today I realized that I was no longer hearing Madi's participation in our activity. I quickly discovered a little girl hiding out in my closet with a mouth full of sprinkles. At some point she managed to sneak the bottle of rainbow sprinkles into my closet where, somehow, she thinks she is invisible and was hiding them there to sneak when she wanted a little dose of rainbow fun :) I believe, at some point, she even had her twin sister Abigail in on the scheme. Those little sweeties, just looking for a little brightness.

I always love new adventurous ways of sharing desserts at a party that I may be throwing. And so we are on to Cake Pops. There is nothing bad about these. A two to three bite size cake balled onto a stick with hard shell and decor. As I began my three flavors of pops today I quickly discovered that my girls could not keep their paws away from them. Everything about these are appealing to them and I am beginning to realize the same for me. My inner child wants part in the simplicity of eating cake without the hassle of a fork and plate. Of course, there are those times that are needed. A good piece of chocolate cake entering my mouth with a cold silver fork. Taste and temperature place crucial roles to each other for some food perfections.

I find Cake Pops to be the best new craze that are easy cleanup and great showstoppers for party goers, especially (and most importantly) all the kids who enjoy everything about eating from sticks. They are fun to make and can be made into a variety of objects and animals. Today, I made these lemonade and chocolate cake pops for a little girls' Ariel themed birthday party (red and blue being the main color).
These fun ones on the right are more grown up, so to speak, but we will let the kids be the judges of that. Cookies and Cream, lemonade and Apple Pie with crumb topping.
Next, HELLO KITTY Cake Pops, as requested by none other than the sprinkle bandits!


Happy Cake Popping!

1 comment: