Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Camping and treats...

When we think of camping a few things come to mind...
Tents, Fire and S'mores.

Some More, or more commonly called S'mores, are credited to Loretta Scott Crew who reportedly first made them by the fire for the Girl Scouts in the 1920's. Brilliant. I doubt that most any American doesn't know of or hasn't heard of a S'more and more commonly considers them to be the ultimate camping treat.

I really was never a fan of S'mores growing up. My most recent camping excursion changed that. I knew I needed to make S'mores to my liking. I toasted the graham, melted "dark" chocolate on the graham then applied toasted marshmallow and brought it all together. I believe the trick is making sure each component is complete and made to your liking.

In thinking of a new flavor, these came to mind, S'more Cupcakes. Dark Chocolate Cake, Torched Marshmallow Frosting, Graham Sprinkle and Chocolate Ganache Drizzle.

Really, how do you say no to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment